XenoBot Forums - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curiosity

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a major breakthrough, the whole idea of space has always been exciting to me. The fact that we are so tiny in the big picture makes you wonder what's beyond our galaxy. It's just too bad I won't live to see how far they will go in making Mars a new home for humans. Science have evolved rapidly and it's far from impossible to make that happen.
    "Well, I had a dispute with a snake once. And the snake won. Bit my left eye out."
    - Snake Eye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR View Post
    SpaceX offer private space flights for normal people who have the money to pay. The Mars missions let anyone sign up, granted they are intelligent enough to be useful to the effort. The USA is contemplating a moonbase, at least in some political circles. This puts citizens, scientists, military and other "normal" people in space. Oh, did I mention some of the richest people in the world (founder of SpaceX, Google CEO's, B-Gates) are going asteroid mining sometime in the near future? Wake up and smell the coffee, bro. Space is happening.

Also, as previously stated, Mars can be made habitable. Its average temperature is 32F keeping ice frozen instead of liquid. 100 years of endued global warming will heat it up to 50F on average, melting the ice and refilling it's rivers and oceans. The warmer atmosphere will also thicken the air and pressurize the environment, making it possible to leave spacecraft suitless with old oxygen tanks. This is where the couple hundred year process of cultivating greenlife comes in, as plants would take the air - a majority CO2 - and start producing oxygen from it, as they do here on earth. After a few hundred years of intense gardening, we would be able to breath on Mars.
    When i wrote that normal ppl won't leave earth i was was speaking in more permanent terms. and i don't consider insanely rich ppl to be normal.

I'm very excited about this space exploration aswell and i think that my id, ego and super ego are having a subconsios battle on wheather(?) my intresstid in space is ethical accepted when there are so many flaws on earth, maybe those flaws justify the research even more?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just shows we can and will eventually accomplish more extensive space exploration, granted this is actually just a small step in the overall picture of cultivating other planets and space exploration, but it is still a big accomplishment and its a start.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In light of this thread, i think a fitting quote mark's this milestone for all generations up until this point in time.

"We were born too soon"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viser14 View Post
    In light of this thread, i think a fitting quote mark's this milestone for all generations up until this point in time.

"We were born too soon"
    Or too late.. imagen experiance the first monnlanding or the discovery of the dark side of the moon...... or the invetion of the wheel