XenoBot Forums - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How much money does Darkstar Make off xenobot?

  1. #1
    newuser444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How much money does Darkstar Make off xenobot?

    So I was just wondering what your guy's thoughts on how much Darkstar makes off this 5$ a month xenobutter. I think he makes more than my mom and dad put together in a year all because of his skills with the xenobutter. Xenobot has become such a success that he can butter his toast everyday with dollar bills and eat it with the satisfaction of the butter king. What are your opinions on his toast and how long do you think he keeps it in the toaster? I personally think hes the burnt toast kind of guy where it crunches on each bite. ENJOY.. This was just a joke and not actually made for you guys to read, or eat. Enjoy

  2. #2
    Senior Member J.Dre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1200 users per week is the average. I'd say he makes around $7500 per month. It's about $40-$50 per hour (40 hour work week).

    It will probably increase now that the price increased. Whether or not he pays taxes for it is what I'm interested in. If so, how much he keeps is probably less.
    Last edited by J.Dre; 11-09-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Recent Trades:
    Sold a 450+ EK to Omggg.
    Sold a 400+ RP and 165+ EK to Poppy218.
    Sold 100kk+ in Rowana (Open PVP) to many members.
    Bought characters from Baarj, HonkaPonka, and several others.
    Bought 520kk+ from Wobbz, PunktG, Ghazkyt, Reemow, and many others.

    Help deter scams! Share these warning signs with your friends.

  3. #3
    XenoBot Developer DarkstaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,114
    Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    1200 users per week is the average. I'd say he makes around $7500 per month. It will probably increase now that the price increased.

    Whether or not he pays taxes on it is what I'm interested in. If so, how much he keeps is probably less.

    I do pay taxes on XenoBot, around 33%. That is in additional to PayPal fees and, now, a flat rate per-purchase to Syntax and Joshwa for their work on the scripts.

  4. #4
    Senior Member J.Dre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR View Post
    I do pay taxes on XenoBot, around 33%. That is in additional to PayPal fees and, now, a flat rate per-purchase to Syntax and Joshwa for their work on the scripts.
    That's good. I remember NeoBot not paying taxes and having to run, lol.

    You probably average about $45/h, right? If it were translated to a 40 hour work week. Definitely a fair wage.
    Recent Trades:
    Sold a 450+ EK to Omggg.
    Sold a 400+ RP and 165+ EK to Poppy218.
    Sold 100kk+ in Rowana (Open PVP) to many members.
    Bought characters from Baarj, HonkaPonka, and several others.
    Bought 520kk+ from Wobbz, PunktG, Ghazkyt, Reemow, and many others.

    Help deter scams! Share these warning signs with your friends.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    That's good. I remember NeoBot not paying taxes and having to run, lol.

    You probably average about $45/h, right? If it were translated to a 40 hour work week. Definitely a fair wage.
    Chargebacks, fluctuation of membership, domain renewal, hosting etc
    All these have to be covered - generally chargebacks are more than what the customer initially charged back.

    Your calculations are not precise and they can't be approximated. The only one who can give an estimate is DarkstaR. Which I'm pretty sure he won't and its his right to keep it to himself.

  6. #6
    Senior Member J.Dre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexen View Post
    Chargebacks, fluctuation of membership, domain renewal, hosting etc
    All these have to be covered - generally chargebacks are more than what the customer initially charged back.

    Your calculations are not precise and they can't be approximated. The only one who can give an estimate is DarkstaR. Which I'm pretty sure he won't and its his right to keep it to himself.
    Um, yes, I am fully aware. An estimation is exactly what I was going for.

    Welcome to the forum.
    Recent Trades:
    Sold a 450+ EK to Omggg.
    Sold a 400+ RP and 165+ EK to Poppy218.
    Sold 100kk+ in Rowana (Open PVP) to many members.
    Bought characters from Baarj, HonkaPonka, and several others.
    Bought 520kk+ from Wobbz, PunktG, Ghazkyt, Reemow, and many others.

    Help deter scams! Share these warning signs with your friends.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    Um, yes, I am fully aware. An estimation is exactly what I was going for.

    Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you

    @op xenobutter lmao

  8. #8
    Lifetime Subscriber Xeno Scripts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,572
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    Um, yes, I am fully aware. An estimation is exactly what I was going for.

    Welcome to the forum.
    And I think Darkstar has put many more hours into it, especially in the beginning.



  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. I am just curious to know how you went from making small shit on tpforums, to create the biggest/one of the biggest bots in tibia just like that. Did you study at university? Or was it all self-taught? it's insane nevertheless, in that short amount of time. In a few years time you went from "plx help me with this" at tpforums, to create things people cant even imagine creating.

    I assume you looked up A LOT on internet. mind sharing some really good sites? I know stackoverflow, but idk what to look for. What is important, a key element, in programming? perhaps there is a guide with some really "must have" things? your book is for game hacking and stuff, but im talking about general programming. theres a lot out there, i know, but i just dont know how to find it. what to search for.

    i know you are really busy too. but if u ever would decide to make a video series or book about learning to program, i would buy it no matter the price


    @DarkstaR

  10. #10
    Lifetime Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    430
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texmex47 View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. I am just curious to know how you went from making small shit on tpforums, to create the biggest/one of the biggest bots in tibia just like that. Did you study at university? Or was it all self-taught? it's insane nevertheless, in that short amount of time. In a few years time you went from "plx help me with this" at tpforums, to create things people cant even imagine creating.

    I assume you looked up A LOT on internet. mind sharing some really good sites? I know stackoverflow, but idk what to look for. What is important, a key element, in programming? perhaps there is a guide with some really "must have" things? your book is for game hacking and stuff, but im talking about general programming. theres a lot out there, i know, but i just dont know how to find it. what to search for.

    i know you are really busy too. but if u ever would decide to make a video series or book about learning to program, i would buy it no matter the price


    @DarkstaR
    From what I remember he is self-taught, he showed xenobot to some of his former/current(?) and got the job

    by now he probably has gone to university, can't really remember

    I think some of the success of xenobot was that neobot shutdown, xenobot is kind of similiar to elfbot, easy to use, and offer alot of advanced scripting

    I think that's all I know
    Belden's Free Scripts
    Belden's Quest Scripts

    Bought Lifetime Subscription from Fractal
    Bought TeamSpeak 3 Service from Sikkness
    Bought Leveling Service from Y2Quakepc2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •