User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Small Excerpts From My Book

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazgaz View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but you did say you was righting a book on coding and developing a bot everything you have posted about it as of yet seams like a shit ton of added filler not speaking for every one but when i buy a book i want technical information about what i am doing to learn the skills i need to do what i am trying to do and it seams like your adding a lot of philosophical debate about the fundamentals of botting i don't say this to shoot down your work or anything but the people who are going to buy this book are going to be looking to learn the technical shit not random information about who is going to be doing what while your working on the bot just seams over padded to me so far gran it i have very little information so far about this book just posting what i think about the 3 passages you have shared
    He hasn't even said the title of the book so how would you know, before it's even published, what you will be trying to gain from it?

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazgaz View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but you did say you was righting a book on coding and developing a bot everything you have posted about it as of yet seams like a shit ton of added filler not speaking for every one but when i buy a book i want technical information about what i am doing to learn the skills i need to do what i am trying to do and it seams like your adding a lot of philosophical debate about the fundamentals of botting i don't say this to shoot down your work or anything but the people who are going to buy this book are going to be looking to learn the technical shit not random information about who is going to be doing what while your working on the bot just seams over padded to me so far gran it i have very little information so far about this book just posting what i think about the 3 passages you have shared

I'm posting chapter/section intros in this thread. Posting technical explanations I give wouldn't be "small excerpts", as they take multiple pages.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR View Post
    I'm posting chapter/section intros in this thread. Posting technical explanations I give wouldn't be "small excerpts", as they take multiple pages.

true true should be a good read either way
    mumble support +
    xenobot.mumble.com

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DarkstaR How is this coming man? I'm really interested on a release date. If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to be this month? Details my good fellow. I would love to snatch a copy.

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    @DarkstaR How is this coming man? I'm really interested on a release date. If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to be this month? Details my good fellow. I would love to snatch a copy.
    I've been really busy and the writing schedule got changed, I should be complete in April of 2015. I just finished writing Chapter 8 (probably the hardest one in the book). There's 13 chapters total, and I should have 9 and 10 finished by the 4th on January. Then it back to work and I'm slowing down again.

We hope to have the book on shelves for Defcon.

New excerpt, just wrote it 5 mins ago:
    Everything you've learned so far – tools of the trade, reverse engineering, and process puppeteering – has been in sight of one goal: creating bots for games. At the end of the day, bots are just kits that contain dozens of creatively engineered tools to manipulate, improve, and interact with computer games. Each of these tools is the algorithmic offspring of a carefully crafted clash between reverse engineering, memory manipulation, and code injection. In this part of the book, you will learn about different algorithms, patterns, and features that are commonly found in bots. By the end of the section, you will have an intricate understanding of how bots work.

Banned
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We hope"?
    Who's we? xd

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnicle View Post
    "We hope"?
    Who's we? xd
    Me and the publishing team responsible for my book at the No Starch Press. That's a producer, editor, copy editor, technical editor, and marketing rep.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant wait, do you know if it will be available in digital copy? As I doubt it will be sold or shipped cheap to the UK.

Lifetime Subscriber Xeno Scripts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupa View Post
    Cant wait, do you know if it will be available in digital copy? As I doubt it will be sold or shipped cheap to the UK.
    Shipping around the world for a book is not that high.

Banned
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited ngl.

Just a future warning, after your target audience (being the botting community) has read this book, you might have some competition! :P