XenoBot Forums - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Beautiful Threesome: Time, Entropy and The Big Bang

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving this, This is the kinda stuff I like to read while botting.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psychaos View Post
    what makes him a nerd? is it the fact that he chooses to try and understand things for what they really are, or the fact that you're just to ignorant to comprehend anything he said?

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

If they find the Higgs Boson this year, which im pretty certain they will, the universe and everything that exists will be defined, and the need for a 'God' to explain existence will be entirely ruled out.

@DarkstaR.
    on a side note, have you heard of the Double Slit Experiment and what are your views on it? i'd be interested hearing your views on what you think that suggests?
    Most of the publicity on the whole search for the Higgs Particle lately has been rather misleading. Basically, there's a percentage floating about (99.996%) that they will find it. This is not really the case, it's more that IF the particle exists, there is a 99.996% chance it is in the specific mass range that they have narrowed it down to.

There was a post on reddit that I was reading earlier about this exact thing: LINK

As for the whole double slit experiment, weird right?

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    The Higgs must exist, the real issue is wether or not it exists as theorized. The Higgs, in laymans terms, is said to give particles their mass. Regardless of it's properties it's an essential piece of the Physics of our universe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess time will tell.

As far as the Double slit experiment, i think is shows that all matter is actually waves and only 'appears' to be particular. everything, including ourselves, is just energy. The higgs theory kind of goes hand in hand with that, since the higgs field is what gives particles their mass, and similarly, without it there would be no matter.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Administrator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm... I watched a video from a TED conference by a guy on super string theory, it was kind of interesting and relevant. Let me try to find it.

EDIT: Here it is, http://www.ted.com/talks/brian_green...ng_theory.html

EDIT2: Also relevant, http://www.break.com/index/how-to-im...imension.html/
    Last edited by Spectrus; 02-10-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    I'll watch it but everything I've heard about string theory I find to be senseless.
    I understand the logic behind it but with no support it's an idea we shouldn't be focusing on. They propose extra dimensions because they fit into the math which they essentially made up to fit the theory, yet they can't even explain what these dimensions are or why they exist. Its a good idea, but that's the best credit I will give it until it has some backing. While Quantum Mechanics proposes extra dimensions it also has evidence which lead them to the conclusion, i.e. the double slit -> fifth dimension. In my opinion, that's alot more sensible than made up math -> dimensions 5-10.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR View Post
    I'll watch it but everything I've heard about string theory I find to be senseless.
    I understand the logic behind it but with no support it's an idea we shouldn't be focusing on. They propose extra dimensions because they fit into the math which they essentially made up to fit the theory, yet they can't even explain what these dimensions are or why they exist. Its a good idea, but that's the best credit I will give it until it has some backing. While Quantum Mechanics proposes extra dimensions it also has evidence which lead them to the conclusion, i.e. the double slit -> fifth dimension. In my opinion, that's alot more sensible than made up math -> dimensions 5-10.

i cant belive you just said that <_<

if we didnt know theres a bottom in the ocean, and didnt see it for ages, yet it was just logical that if a beach has sand, 10 metters in the beach it has rand,rocks,and so on, by logic you have to fit that theres a bottom in the ocean, not just water all around us....
    just like the earth has layers, that humans will posible will never reach, yet we know them
    Last edited by Apotheosis; 02-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Sold level 8 on all servers to Stusse.
    Sold level 162 rp to Tavarski.
    Bought 250+ Ek from Czoger.
    Bought a Chayennes Magical Key for cash from bleed.

There are 2 types of people.
    1)Those who can count.
    3)Those who can't.

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Thank you for proving my point. We know the beach has a bottom because of the sand. Where's the sand in string theory? "The current theory is an overcomplicated mess which is derived from 50 years of research but is to messy for my taste", what a justification for a theory backed by NO RESEARCH (well, there is quite a bit of research behind it, just none that proves anything). String theory is trying to unify everything into a single theory and simplify it with the assumption that our universe can be quantified into one theory without a super-complex construct. On the other hand, the current model exhales a huge breath of air made up of backed research and, as shown in the second video Spectrus posted, can actually be unified through mathematics which predate years before the model itself.

I'll give string theory the same answer I give religion (and I'm in no way denouncing either one): I'll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstaR View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. We know the beach has a bottom because of the sand. Where's the sand in string theory? "The current theory is an overcomplicated mess which is derived from 50 years of research but is to messy for my taste", what a justification for a theory backed by NO RESEARCH (well, there is quite a bit of research behind it, just none that proves anything). String theory is trying to unify everything into a single theory and simplify it with the assumption that our universe can be quantified into one theory without a super-complex construct. On the other hand, the current model exhales a huge breath of air made up of backed research and, as shown in the second video Spectrus posted, can actually be unified through mathematics which predate years before the model itself.

I'll give string theory the same answer I give religion (and I'm in no way denouncing either one): I'll believe it when I see it.

the string theory isnt about compiling or gather all the books and knowledge we got, "ITS THE ONLY THEORY THAT CAN BE PROOF BY MATH & PHYSICS AND HAS GRAVITTY" and some other aspects of the essencial physics, with string theory you can explain quantum mechanics, its not a new theory, even stephen hawkings belives its the best solution we got

Now if you understand and i belive you do, a theory its something you can see, check, question, you cant be serius to compare it with an invisible naked man that likes to watch pedofile priest molest children.............
    Your a programmer, you should be more open minded LOL, its the best suit THEORY, nothing else to add.

// you seriusly need to watch through the wormhole with morgan freeman

how in hell can you compare a theory with religion........
    Sold level 8 on all servers to Stusse.
    Sold level 162 rp to Tavarski.
    Bought 250+ Ek from Czoger.
    Bought a Chayennes Magical Key for cash from bleed.

There are 2 types of people.
    1)Those who can count.
    3)Those who can't.

Mentioned
    1323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    String theory and religion are one in the same. A bunch of absurd claims with no physical proof. It's funny that you mention that I'm a programmer though. I'm a programmer because logic is what drives me. With no logic, I cannot believe something to be true. When you have no proof, you have no logic. Furthermore, there is no proof for string theory. The only thing that supports it is the math that they tweaked to support it.

Show me proof and my knees will buckle, until then I stand firm.

Also, go do some reading, the LHC has already disproved a lot of fundamental string theory. Your videos are outdated.