XenoBot Forums - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Things to think about when trading

  1. #11
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    If someone is unwilling to pay first before you give them the key, they're likely planning on scamming you or stealing your stuff and possibly rooking your character. I suggest using a trustworthy middle-man.

    Note: You should always order a confirmation key before, and proceed when you have it. The confirmation is an insurance policy if anything should go wrong. Showing the customer the character should obviously be done via Tibia Cast, never let them on the character before they pay. I've done hundreds of trades with Tibia stuff, you're likely to run into at least one scam - be careful.

    Never, ever accept payments from, or trust an Unverified PayPal User. Even if an Unverified member sends you $1,000, your best option is to refund the money and "walk away" from the transaction. Disputes on your account may seem fishy to the PayPal for future transactions, if the time comes where you want/need to win a dispute.
    Seems so professional, I'm feeling like a noob.
    What I don't understand is why do I have to refuse money from unverified members, anyways, I will try to do the "middle-man".

    Thanks for your help

    Regards,
    Kim.

  2. #12
    Lifetime Subscriber fxtrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great and useful post

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone explain to me how selling characters are made?

    Im thinking of start selling a few chars.
    The only thing i'm for sure is use a middleman.

  4. #14
    Senior Member J.Dre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to think about when trading: Do not feel obligated to purchase the first account or character you see which meets your criteria.

    The prices on this forum (and others) are quite high in retrospect to account values found on Allegro, where most accounts sold on forums originate from in the first place. From there, you can acquire characters between level 200 to 300 in Optional PVP for less than $200 in most cases. An example of this price gouging: there is currently a level 400 EK on Candia selling for less than $500 USD. Contrary to popular belief, purchasing from Allegro is no more of a risk than through most members on any forum on the internet. Explore your options - there are many out there.
    Last edited by J.Dre; 06-17-2013 at 03:17 AM.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    Another thing to think about when trading: Do not feel obligated to purchase the first account or character you see which meets your criteria.

    The prices on this forum (and others) are quite high in retrospect to account values found on Allegro, where most accounts sold on forums originate from in the first place. From there, you can acquire characters between level 200 to 300 in Optional PVP for less than $200 in most cases. An example of this price gouging: there is currently a level 400 EK on Candia selling for less than $500 USD. Contrary to popular belief, purchasing from Allegro is no more of a risk than through most members on any forum on the internet. Explore your options - there are many out there.
    hm I bought around 15character on allegro and only 2 times I get scammed so it's nice I think

  6. #16
    Senior Member Alexisdarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,199
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    Another thing to think about when trading: Do not feel obligated to purchase the first account or character you see which meets your criteria.

    The prices on this forum (and others) are quite high in retrospect to account values found on Allegro, where most accounts sold on forums originate from in the first place. From there, you can acquire characters between level 200 to 300 in Optional PVP for less than $200 in most cases. An example of this price gouging: there is currently a level 400 EK on Candia selling for less than $500 USD. Contrary to popular belief, purchasing from Allegro is no more of a risk than through most members on any forum on the internet. Explore your options - there are many out there.
    You're wrong dude, nowdays 80% of the accounts you buy on allegro will be taken back. I used to buy from there and like 3/4 accounts has been stolen after 3 weeks, that why I started to buy chars on my own terms, and paying when they're registrated on me.
    Last edited by Alexisdarks; 07-06-2013 at 07:31 PM.



  7. #17
    Gold Seller/Official Reseller PunktG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,085
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexisdarks View Post
    You're wrong dude, nowdays 80% of the accounts you buy on allegro will be taken back. I used to buy from there and like 3/4 account has been stolen after 3 weeks, that why I started to buy chars on my own terms, and paying when they're registrated on me.
    +1

    50-70% there = scam


  8. #18
    Senior Member J.Dre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexisdarks View Post
    You're wrong dude, nowdays 80% of the accounts you buy on allegro will be taken back. I used to buy from there and like 3/4 accounts has been stolen after 3 weeks, that why I started to buy chars on my own terms, and paying when they're registrated on me.
    I'm not wrong because you had a bad experience. But I suppose it boils down to how you conduct a trade.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everybody. I am new here on this forum and I am thinking about buying a character to play on a non pvp world. Because I don't want to waste my pvp char.
    There are just some things I am not sure about.

    Maybe it is one more thing to think about when you are buying an account:

    When you agreed with a guy on the forum to buy his account and you have already paid him, he will send you the account information and maybe the recovery or confirmation key.

    You have to change the email and the password first and then you want to change the registration to your address and name. This takes 30 days if I am not wrong.

    During this time (maybe one day before the account moves to your name and address) is it still possible for the old owner to order a new confirmation key? After 30 days (registration is on you) you feel save and put your items on the char. The ordered confirmation key will be send to the address that was on the registration while ordering it. So the old owner got 60 days (confirmation key is valid for 60 days) more time to get a new recovery key and to get his account back with all of your items.

    Please improve me if I am wrong :-)


    Greetings

    Joey88

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United state
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey88 View Post
    Hello everybody. I am new here on this forum and I am thinking about buying a character to play on a non pvp world. Because I don't want to waste my pvp char.
    There are just some things I am not sure about.

    Maybe it is one more thing to think about when you are buying an account:

    When you agreed with a guy on the forum to buy his account and you have already paid him, he will send you the account information and maybe the recovery or confirmation key.

    You have to change the email and the password first and then you want to change the registration to your address and name. This takes 30 days if I am not wrong.

    During this time (maybe one day before the account moves to your name and address) is it still possible for the old owner to order a new confirmation key? After 30 days (registration is on you) you feel save and put your items on the char. The ordered confirmation key will be send to the address that was on the registration while ordering it. So the old owner got 60 days (confirmation key is valid for 60 days) more time to get a new recovery key and to get his account back with all of your items.

    Please improve me if I am wrong :-)


    Greetings

    Joey88
    The newer confirmation key cancels the first one making it useless

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •