Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Buying] Map Tracker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post [Buying] Map Tracker

Map Tracker
    Must be compatible with the latest Tibia Client.

It should operate without frequent updates (every time the client changes).

I myself understand that it may not be easy to develop, that is why I am paying you.
    Important! If it is compatible with Tibiacast recordings, you will be paid more!

Features
    Features that must be included.

Mini-map display:
    Must have the ability to see what I have tracked (during the session).
    -
    ### of Tiles Tracked:
    It will display a number - showing the amount of tracked tiles.
    -
    Start, stop, pause & resume tracking:
    This will allow us to accurately track areas.
    -
    Optional featured-tracking:
    Spawns, creatures, moveable items, allow re-tracking, splashes, etc.
    PZ Area's, houses, etc. It must track these properly.
    -
    Must write file to an OTBM:
    Must write the tracked areas (through Tibia Client) to OTBM.
    -
    Optional: Converting Tibiacast Recordings to OTBM.
    The feature is self explanatory. If you are able to implement this feature, you will be paid an extra $250.
    -
    Optional: Log in & Subscription feature.
    This will allow me and others to register accounts in order to access the use this program.
    If you are able to implement this feature, you will be paid an extra $250.
    -
    Must not negatively interfere with the client.
    In other words, it should be undetectable through using the Client.
    -
    New, clean & lightweight program design.
    I want it to look different, operate faster & greater than the previously known Map Tracker.
    -
    Completely user friendly program.
    It must be easy-to-use.

Payment
    How & how much, you will be paid.

Payment type: PayPal (sent as a gift), with a comment stating our agreement.
    How will you be paid? Perhaps if you're a reputable member, 50/50. Otherwise, not.

You will be paid: $1,000 (€820~) upon completion and verification of the program and its features.
    In order to receive this payment in full, you must include all of the features listed above - not the optional ones.

Payment: $1,000 USD

If you are able to successfully add the converting of recordings, you will be paid an extra $250.
    If you are able to successfully implement a log in feature (subscriptions), you will be paid an extra $250.

Extra Payment: $500 USD

Terms and Agreements
    These are the most important terms that are included.

1. You understand that I am paying for this program and all rights to this program.
    2. You must be an adult; old enough to assume responsibility for your actions.
    3. You will not release, sell, or utilize this program for personal benefit.
    4. You must read and sign a contract and a non-disclosure agreement.
    5. You must provide the source and all necessary files to alter the program.

More information and details will be described among the contract & non-disclosure agreement.

If you have any questions, please contact me privately.

Sincerely,
    TibiaWR
    Project Manager

Last edited by TibiaWR; 08-02-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Updated the prices. The search continues!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The search for a developer continues. If you are interested, please contact me.

Regards,
    TibiaWR

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First things first, DarkstaR and I are probably the only people on this forum capable of doing, even the basics, of what you are asking for. There could be hidden talent among us, but I doubt it. DarkstaR is probably way too busy with XenoBot to do this, and while I would love to pick up this project for the extra cash I'm backed up for at least 3-4 weeks. If, however, in a month's time you find that you were unable to secure a developer you are more than welcome to message me here, and, if I'm finished with my jobs, I can do it for you.

Now, let's move on to the important stuff..

Coding a map tracker that is compatible with the latest Tibia client, and operational with very, very few updates is completely possible. BUT, if you want compatibility with TibiaCast and TibiaReplay recordings then you will lose that benefit, and the map tracker will need to be updated after each client update. However, the updating process required is really simple and quick.

Mini-map display:
    Must have the ability to see what I have tracked (during the session).
    This will be the hardest task to accomplish. Not that it's a difficult task, but you probably won't come across too many programmers who will enjoy doing this, let alone be able to.

### of Tiles Tracked:
    It will display a number - showing the amount of tracked tiles.
    -
    Start, stop, pause & resume tracking:
    This will allow us to accurately track areas.
    -
    Optional featured-tracking:
    Spawns, creatures, moveable items, allow retracking, splashes, etc.
    PZ Area's, houses, etc. It must track these properly.
    -
    Must write file to an OTBM:
    Must write the tracked areas (through Tibia Client) to OTBM.
    These are all easy and simple to include.

Optional: Converting Tibiacast & Tibiareplay Recordings to OTBM.
    The feature is self explanatory. If you are able to implement this feature, you will be paid an extra $500.
    Like I stated above, this feature is possible, but comes with having to update the map tracker after each client update.

Optional: Log in & Subscription feature.
    The feature is important. This will allow me (and others) to register accounts in order to access the use this program.
    If you are able to implement this feature, you will be paid an extra $500.
    This is also an easy implementation.

Must not negatively interfere with the client.
    In other words, it should be undetectable through using the Client.
    CipSoft's "bot-detection" is server-sided based completely on packet information. As long as the map tracker doesn't send packets (which it shouldn't anyway) you will have no problem with detection.

New, clean & lightweight program design.
    I want it to look different, operate faster & greater than the previously known Map Tracker.

Completely user friendly program.
    It must be easy-to-use.
    These are arguably my greatest areas of expertise when it comes to software development.

Like I said, even though I'd love to pick this project up for the extra cash, I am swamped with jobs at the moment and wouldn't be able to start on it for at least 3-4 weeks. And if you end up accepting my offer you are more than welcome to look up my reputation. I'm a revered programmer on the TProgramming Forums, and part owner (and one of the top contributors) to the, now deceased, open-source project TibiaAPI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3Bingham View Post
    First things first, DarkstaR and I are probably the only people on this forum capable of doing, even the basics, of what you are asking for. There could be hidden talent among us, but I doubt it. DarkstaR is probably way too busy with XenoBot to do this, and while I would love to pick up this project for the extra cash I'm backed up for at least 3-4 weeks. If, however, in a month's time you find that you were unable to secure a developer you are more than welcome to message me here, and, if I'm finished with my jobs, I can do it for you.
    That, I understand, and I am willing to wait a month or until your other tasks are complete. We should speak further about an arrangement, perhaps within the next week.

Now, let's move on to the important stuff..Coding a map tracker that is compatible with the latest Tibia client, and operational with very, very few updates is completely possible. BUT, if you want compatibility with TibiaCast and TibiaReplay recordings then you will lose that benefit, and the map tracker will need to be updated after each client update. However, the updating process required is really simple and quick.
    This is good to know. I was completely unaware of such updates, although I never really thought of it. So, my goal is to establish some mutual arrangement or compromise between us. As I said before, we should speak in private (MSN / Skype / Phone / Email).

This will be the hardest task to accomplish. Not that it's a difficult task, but you probably won't come across too many programmers who will enjoy doing this, let alone be able to.
    I understand, and was actually quite aware that this feature would not be easy to recreate. However, the previous map tracker's source is in fact accessible, which may become a quite useful resource (if necessary). I am sure you will be able to implement such a feature without problem.

CipSoft's "bot-detection" is server-sided based completely on packet information. As long as the map tracker doesn't send packets (which it shouldn't anyway) you will have no problem with detection.
    These are arguably my greatest areas of expertise when it comes to software development.
    Great! That's what I like to hear.

Like I said, even though I'd love to pick this project up for the extra cash, I am swamped with jobs at the moment and wouldn't be able to start on it for at least 3-4 weeks. And if you end up accepting my offer you are more than welcome to look up my reputation. I'm a revered programmer on the TProgramming Forums, and part owner (and one of the top contributors) to the, now deceased, open-source project TibiaAPI.
    I appreciate the time you spent responding to this thread. You seem to be quite knowledgeable, and certainly capable.

The 'time crunch' is not going to be a problem. I myself am quite busy.

Regards,
    TibiaWR
    Last edited by TibiaWR; 01-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Lifetime Subscriber Xeno Scripts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Jo3Bingham

Why will it require you/he to update the program every new update if he wants to use TibiaCast?

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Scripts View Post
    @Jo3Bingham

Why will it require you/he to update the program every new update if he wants to use TibiaCast?
    If he wanted to just track live casts then it wouldn't be a problem. Here's why:

To track Tibia servers, OT servers, or live TibiaCasts you can easily accomplish this without updates by using a proxy and parsing the packets because the proxy sits between the client and the server and can capture every packet that goes to-and-from the server. Recordings, however, are basically files with the packets stored in them. So, since they don't connect to a server and therefore a proxy wouldn't be able to intercept the packets you would need to hook the client's packet-parsing function and parse the packets like that. And you need the memory addresses of the packet-parsing function to be able to hook it, and these addresses change with each new client. BUT, theoretically, if I had the structure of TibiaCast's and TibiaReplay's recorded files, or I had the time to figure the structures out myself, I could simply parse the files without having to run them through the client. And this would void the need to hook the packet-parsing function, and reduce the need for frequent updates. With the proxy the only updates that would need to be done would be if CipSoft altered map packets (which they haven't in quite some time), or if they altered item data (which has only been done a few times since the 7.6 client).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what a Map tracker is, and whats it needed for, but goodluck for the one who makes it, and enjoy the cash! You get paid very well I see .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyar View Post
    I have no idea what a Map tracker is, and whats it needed for, but goodluck for the one who makes it, and enjoy the cash! You get paid very well I see .
    Simply put, it is a program that 'copies' and 'converts' Tibia's map, for later use in Open Tibia Server's. The one I am hoping to acquire through Jo3BingHam's services will be able to convert "Tibiacast" recordings in to this 'map' format, which basically makes "Map Tracking" nonpunishable and relieves all risk of being banished in Tibia from using Third Party Software.

Therefor, I can hire people to track for me, and they have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by TibiaWR; 01-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Lifetime Subscriber Xeno Scripts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TibiaReplay is over You can remove it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Scripts View Post
    TibiaReplay is over You can remove it.
    Oh, I didn't even notice that. Thanks for the update.