PDA

View Full Version : How much money does Darkstar Make off xenobot?

newuser444
11-09-2015, 07:31 PM
So I was just wondering what your guy's thoughts on how much Darkstar makes off this 5$ a month xenobutter. I think he makes more than my mom and dad put together in a year all because of his skills with the xenobutter. Xenobot has become such a success that he can butter his toast everyday with dollar bills and eat it with the satisfaction of the butter king. What are your opinions on his toast and how long do you think he keeps it in the toaster? I personally think hes the burnt toast kind of guy where it crunches on each bite. ENJOY.. This was just a joke and not actually made for you guys to read, or eat. Enjoy

J.Dre
11-09-2015, 08:04 PM
1200 users per week is the average. I'd say he makes around $7500 per month. It's about $40-$50 per hour (40 hour work week).

It will probably increase now that the price increased. Whether or not he pays taxes for it is what I'm interested in. :p If so, how much he keeps is probably less.

DarkstaR
11-09-2015, 08:08 PM
1200 users per week is the average. I'd say he makes around $7500 per month. It will probably increase now that the price increased.

Whether or not he pays taxes on it is what I'm interested in. :p If so, how much he keeps is probably less.

I do pay taxes on XenoBot, around 33%. That is in additional to PayPal fees and, now, a flat rate per-purchase to Syntax and Joshwa for their work on the scripts.

J.Dre
11-09-2015, 08:11 PM
I do pay taxes on XenoBot, around 33%. That is in additional to PayPal fees and, now, a flat rate per-purchase to Syntax and Joshwa for their work on the scripts.

That's good. I remember NeoBot not paying taxes and having to run, lol.

You probably average about $45/h, right? If it were translated to a 40 hour work week. Definitely a fair wage.

Mexen
11-10-2015, 08:09 AM
That's good. I remember NeoBot not paying taxes and having to run, lol.

You probably average about $45/h, right? If it were translated to a 40 hour work week. Definitely a fair wage.

Chargebacks, fluctuation of membership, domain renewal, hosting etc
All these have to be covered - generally chargebacks are more than what the customer initially charged back.

Your calculations are not precise and they can't be approximated. The only one who can give an estimate is DarkstaR. Which I'm pretty sure he won't and its his right to keep it to himself.

J.Dre
11-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Chargebacks, fluctuation of membership, domain renewal, hosting etc
All these have to be covered - generally chargebacks are more than what the customer initially charged back.

Your calculations are not precise and they can't be approximated. The only one who can give an estimate is DarkstaR. Which I'm pretty sure he won't and its his right to keep it to himself.

Um, yes, I am fully aware. An estimation is exactly what I was going for. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Mexen
11-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you

@op xenobutter lmao

Xeno Scripts
11-10-2015, 03:39 PM

Welcome to the forum.

And I think Darkstar has put many more hours into it, especially in the beginning.

texmex47
04-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Sorry for bumping an old thread. I am just curious to know how you went from making small shit on tpforums, to create the biggest/one of the biggest bots in tibia just like that. Did you study at university? Or was it all self-taught? it's insane nevertheless, in that short amount of time. In a few years time you went from "plx help me with this" at tpforums, to create things people cant even imagine creating.

I assume you looked up A LOT on internet. mind sharing some really good sites? I know stackoverflow, but idk what to look for. What is important, a key element, in programming? perhaps there is a guide with some really "must have" things? your book is for game hacking and stuff, but im talking about general programming. theres a lot out there, i know, but i just dont know how to find it. what to search for.

i know you are really busy too. but if u ever would decide to make a video series or book about learning to program, i would buy it no matter the price :)

DarkstaR

krille09
04-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Sorry for bumping an old thread. I am just curious to know how you went from making small shit on tpforums, to create the biggest/one of the biggest bots in tibia just like that. Did you study at university? Or was it all self-taught? it's insane nevertheless, in that short amount of time. In a few years time you went from "plx help me with this" at tpforums, to create things people cant even imagine creating.

I assume you looked up A LOT on internet. mind sharing some really good sites? I know stackoverflow, but idk what to look for. What is important, a key element, in programming? perhaps there is a guide with some really "must have" things? your book is for game hacking and stuff, but im talking about general programming. theres a lot out there, i know, but i just dont know how to find it. what to search for.

i know you are really busy too. but if u ever would decide to make a video series or book about learning to program, i would buy it no matter the price :)

DarkstaR

From what I remember he is self-taught, he showed xenobot to some of his former/current(?) and got the job

by now he probably has gone to university, can't really remember :)

I think some of the success of xenobot was that neobot shutdown, xenobot is kind of similiar to elfbot, easy to use, and offer alot of advanced scripting

I think that's all I know

buyer
04-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Following

playmate
06-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Whatever he makes he's worth it, if not more.

royston
06-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Whatever he makes he's worth it, if not more.
Exactly, if he does this kind of stuff for a community it doesnt matter how much he makes. I hope he makes loads :]