PDA

View Full Version : Tibia's Player Count

Kociii
04-30-2015, 08:54 PM
I was just watching the Online Players.. Many of those who online are botters and so on. But.. I wonder, what is Tibia going to do when they are going down more and more because not everyone is going to play Tibia forever. Will they close Tibia or make something dramatic?

I was just thinking and asking myself that. But what do you think?

Apoc
04-30-2015, 09:01 PM
More outfits and mounts -_-

Luls
05-01-2015, 03:11 AM
More outfits and mounts -_-

This. They're already trying to squeeze every dollar out of it that they can.

pioolho2
05-01-2015, 10:04 AM
maybe they'll start to sell deleted accounts :rolleyes:

Al Bundy
05-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I was just watching the Online Players.. Many of those who online are botters and so on. But.. I wonder, what is Tibia going to do when they are going down more and more because not everyone is going to play Tibia forever. Will they close Tibia or make something dramatic?

I was just thinking and asking myself that. But what do you think?

They will pay Emma Watson to play it and whole internet will start playing

J.Dre
05-01-2015, 03:44 PM
They'll continue to downsize, and will remain online as long as it's profitable. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

They've already begun merging worlds and have switched hosting services to accommodate for that. My opinion is that they will be driven into the ground by greed (trying to force premium and other features, making free gameplay impossible), and then eventually sell out to someone else. CipSoft is a private company. So, they can pretty much do whatever they like in that regard.

Kociii
05-01-2015, 04:16 PM
They'll continue to downsize, and will remain online as long as it's profitable. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

They've already begun merging worlds and have switched hosting services to accommodate for that. My opinion is that they will be driven into the ground by greed (trying to force premium and other features, making free gameplay impossible), and then eventually sell out to someone else. CipSoft is a private company. So, they can pretty much do whatever they like in that regard.

I hope that it wont be like that.. Would be nice if they could atleast do something to get atleast 30k players back ..

Stusse
05-01-2015, 04:46 PM
As above said they will most likely continue until they doesnt profit from it anymore. This being said they will most likely make everything they can before they decide to do so. Not like they gonna quit Tibia just because one loss, they will try to cut their losses in either ways until they can't do it anymore. If that's accomplished by slowing down on the bans for a while, it will most likely be done. They are a company regardless and they will not drive Tibia into the ground just because the ideology that they dont want botters. They are already aware of the big amount of botters and it has become a factor for their existence more than a problem. In my honest oppinion if they wanted to detect every botter it would not be that hard, but then again they would loose profits. Trying to land inbetween is somewhat the challange their up against and that's what we see with new mounts, outfits, prem scroll implementation, and so on. Every new area they implement is also basically premium lands.

/Stusse

Xeno Scripts
05-01-2015, 04:52 PM
They will release their own bot.

Stusse
05-01-2015, 04:54 PM
They will release their own bot.
:confused:

It's no secret that XenoBot, WindBot, iBot, (maybe poop-shit redbot if that still exists) gets their cut from CipSoft every month. That's the real truth to why Tibia bots are profitable :rolleyes: Also that's why DarkstaR sometimes goes away for a week, business trips to Germany.

Kociii
05-01-2015, 05:06 PM
:confused:

It's no secret that XenoBot, WindBot, iBot, (maybe poop-shit redbot if that still exists) gets their cut from CipSoft every month. That's the real truth to why Tibia bots are profitable :rolleyes: Also that's why DarkstaR sometimes goes away for a week, business trips to Germany.

Haha +1 Best xD

J.Dre
05-01-2015, 07:45 PM
It will be years before any of this may possibly come true. They still have a good 20k+ daily players, and probably around 500k active registered accounts. However, I also hope they make some changes. They need to enter new markets, and should have years ago.

justifythis
05-01-2015, 11:25 PM

Please quote/link the source of the bolded statement.

J.Dre
05-02-2015, 01:28 AM
Please quote/link the source of the bolded statement.

This was back in 8.42-8.57. No way I have that information now, sorry. Their backup servers were hacked during the transition as well.

Y2Quakepc2
05-02-2015, 01:37 AM

+1

tibia will eventually die and they do know that fact, we might sometimes think they're stupid but obviusly they're a very experienced company.

I want to think they're working on something better, but i don't really know.

I would like so much to see a Tibia 2.0 or something with the dynamics of nowadays games, would be so good.