PDA

View Full Version : Many programmers here, where did you learn it?

MrBastard
12-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I have played around with the tought of programming for a while now. Remember trying Pascal or something back in the winows 98 years, but i got very confused early when they threw in a variabel(!!!) Did not understant jack back then. Want to start again now and i think i land on Python. It is supposed to be the easiest to understand and it is perfect as i use Linux with dualbot and it is powerfull. C++ is not an option atm.

Any recommandations on how to learn it efficient/where to learn it efficient? Many programmers here it seem, where did you guys learn? Youtube or books?

Proteus
12-14-2014, 04:29 AM
<this is how I got interested in programming, started with tibia and Lua, it expanded into several different programming languages though, made it much easier to pick up on them>
So that being said, I learned from reading peoples scripts. This probably isn't the best method and probably takes longer but its where I started really understanding what happens when. If you know the basic statements it makes it significantly easier to understand the code itself.
Also trial and error was a helpful part of it all. I've made tons of scripts and always getting progressively more complex. After looking back on your older code its cool to see just how much you've changed since then!

J.Dre
12-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Primarily self-taught. I'm not a professional, but I know my way around code. I imagine most of the people here are also self-taught.

Elvang
12-14-2014, 07:04 PM
http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

Nakuu
12-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Self-though some basics of html/css/php when I was quite young ;) At uni though to "understand" the programming + some basics of C/C++, Java, Python, Assembler and since my full-time job is Java Developer I keep improving my programming skills every day ;)

Pinnicle
12-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Self taught HTML/CSS/JavaScript (still learning Js)
After Js (&JQuery) I'm looking to go to Java, then C.

Goodluck!