PDA

View Full Version : Bot Statistics!

Spectrus
11-08-2014, 12:26 AM
Raphael from Windbot has been logging statistics on all of the major bots for some time and has created some cool graphs from the data! Definitely worth checking out.

http://raphael.pedromm.com/

Raphael
11-08-2014, 12:37 AM
If anyone is interested, the data extractor (which really needs to be updated) is open sourced here: https://github.com/rmobis/BotStats
The only actual useful code is on app/commands/FetchCommand.php

Spectrus
11-08-2014, 12:47 AM
I wonder why so many people stay at iBot...

Good question. I was wondering if maybe their online count was inflated but even their posts are much higher.
Raphael, a slope calculation would be cool so that we can see the rate of movement.

Raphael
11-08-2014, 12:53 AM
I wonder why so many people stay at iBot...

Good question. I was wondering if maybe their online count was inflated but even their posts are much higher.
Raphael, a slope calculation would be cool so that we can see the rate of movement.

If you take a look at Active Users, you'll see iBot has been loosing a lot of ground lately. For the average botter, who just wants to load a script and leave it running it makes barely no difference, as long as it works. Put that against the amount of effort that will have to be spent to learn to use a new interface and concepts and you can start to understand why it is taking to long.

I'm working on a stacked % chart and then on a slope one. =D

Stusse
11-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Compared to amount of users XenoBot community seems to be a key factor in its survival. Might be worth integrating within the bot (just speculations^^)

In other, interesting!

/Stusse

Y2Quakepc2
11-08-2014, 03:04 AM
good shit rapha

Raphael
11-08-2014, 03:09 AM
Stacked % chart added: http://raphael.pedromm.com/active-members/stacked

Spectrus
11-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Stacked % chart added: http://raphael.pedromm.com/active-members/stacked

There seems to be an issue with this: Windbot constantly shows as the top, even in categories that it is not. Also, the scale on the y-axis is off.

Raphael
11-08-2014, 04:07 AM
There seems to be an issue with this: Windbot constantly shows as the top, even in categories that it is not. Also, the scale on the y-axis is off.

That's because it isn't ordered by amount, but by series ID. It simply stacks on the order I added them to the chart.
Didn't quite get the scale thing.

Edit: Got the scale thing. It was supposed to be in %, has been fixed.

DarkstaR
11-08-2014, 04:25 AM
What I find really interesting is that XenoBot online members doesn't spike during updates. I wonder if it's because of the market share, or because the updates are typically done in < 2 hours and are automatically downloaded, so many members don't visit the forum, and may not even realize an update happened.

Y2Quakepc2
11-08-2014, 04:48 AM
i wonder how much money do ibot developers make
and how much nick makes

like real numbers, i'm curious about what the difference is between em

Xeno Scripts
11-08-2014, 05:17 AM
i wonder how much money do ibot developers make
and how much nick makes

like real numbers, i'm curious about what the difference is between em

Just count active users * payment and remove some costs for servers + taxes.

Edit: Just counted very fast.

Let's say we have 1700 paying members per month (high counted??) * 5.75 = almost 10k$

10000$ - costs for servers + taxes (25%?? Or maybe even lower in shitty America) :)

Raphael
11-08-2014, 05:44 AM
What I find really interesting is that XenoBot online members doesn't spike during updates. I wonder if it's because of the market share, or because the updates are typically done in < 2 hours and are automatically downloaded, so many members don't visit the forum, and may not even realize an update happened.

If you take a look at the chart, there's a 'Apophis' event. Before that, it used to have higher spikes, so I'm guessing automatic updates are to blame. Of course, because the average of online users is smaller, the spikes are also smaller and harder to notice.
I gotta say though, the automatic update was a pretty good addition.

Spectrus
11-08-2014, 05:51 AM
The introduction of slope calculation makes it easier to realize some interesting trends from the data.