PDA

View Full Version : Map to create script

Stusse
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Yo, since there are no XenoBot mapper that I can use to create scripts by not having to walk to the spawn I would suggest this to upcoming features. If you know what NeoBot had, not saying this should be identical, but something like a minimap bug larger and you can create wpts and actions etc. Something like Syntax's lualand XenoMap but free for the XenoBot users that contains all the functions available or that you need to create scripts.

Fully sizable, zoomable and scrollable map which can be opened in a separate window that can track down your character or be used to easily explore surroundings and create scripts and settings.

Since there are no such things available except third party programs.
/Stusse

Zyphrus
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Wait a minute, you're asking someone to create what Syntax has made and post it for free? I don't quite understand that but power to ya. These kinds of products you are wanting for 'free' take a lot of 'time'. Now, as we all know time is money and everything in this world comes at a cost, you sell scripts to people am I right? Alright if I'm wrong np. If I am right then let me ask you this question.. How much have you made off selling your scripts?

Bottom line here really is that people that pay for a developer license can easily make that money back selling their scripts. That is the whole point of obtaining a developer license. It would not be fair for someone to use a free service to line their own bankroll while the creator reaps no benefit at all.

Spectrus
04-23-2012, 07:37 PM
The UI within Xenobot only allows for so much. It's doubtful that this will ever be implemented.

Tangential to what Zyphrus mentioned, third-party applications are by definition created for ease of use, not necessity. Meaning you do not need to use Lualand, but it's there if you want it. If not, then use the normal (and adequate) system for creating scripts.

Stusse
04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Developer cost 200$ and I'm far away from owning those amounts. Lualand wont let u create ur scripts private nor sell them afterword. Lualand is third party project and should not to be seen connected to XenoBot's business. Therefor I suggest it should be free to use good mapper so that i can have them private and be able to sell them, since that option excist on almost all of the bots. This should come from the bot company and be free as regular and third party purchasecompanies should not be considered in the following arguements if you got clue of My view...

Zyphrus
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I mean it's just kind of basic logic to me. If you cannot afford a GPS you use a map or a free service that is a little more hassle IE: mapquest, google maps.. Sure they may be free but they will never be as handy as an application created specifically to fulfill a single purpose.

Developer cost 200$ and I'm far away from owning those amounts. Lualand wont let u create ur scripts private nor sell them afterword. Lualand is third party project and should not to be seen connected to XenoBot's business. Therefor I suggest it should be free to use good mapper so that i can have them private and be able to sell them, since that option excist on almost all of the bots. This should come from the bot company and be free as regular and third party purchasecompanies should not be considered in the following arguements if you got clue of My view...

Lualand DOES allow you to create private scripts. It also does allow for you to sell them. Syntax cannot control what you do with way points and scripts that you create with his service. You are downloading the XBST. How can he regulate you selling those? The bot company (XenoBot) gives you the required tools to do everything your talking about. You can create scripts and way points with Xenobot and also sell them. Just as you can with Lualand, it is just much more convenient and simplified.

Stusse
04-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I mean it's just kind of basic logic to me. If you cannot afford a GPS you use a map or a free service that is a little more hassle IE: mapquest, google maps.. Sure they may be free but they will never be as handy as an application created specifically to fulfill a single purpose.

Lualand DOES allow you to create private scripts. It also does allow for you to sell them. Syntax cannot control what you do with way points and scripts that you create with his service. You are downloading the XBST. How can he regulate you selling those? The bot company (XenoBot) gives you the required tools to do everything your talking about. You can create scripts and way points with Xenobot and also sell them. Just as you can with Lualand, it is just much more convenient and simplified.
Then I suggest you to read the fucking instructions upon using Lualand.net XenoMap, come back once you did. Check the different premium offers aswell as developers offers. Private scripts are only once u paid 200$.

Normally the botcompanies, I'm reffering to NeoBot, allows you to make the scripts as you did urself on this bot, "add node" etc where ur standing, OR as an additional service the mapper. This is in this case built on Lualand. And the cons as I said is that I can't release those scripts myself by selling, and to read that, go to lualand.net and read about the different offers. This is just a suggestion so take it as it is^^

Zyphrus
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I really wish you made sense =/

Stusse
04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Lol now syntax changed the price from 4000 credits to 2000, Guess he did that just to own me >,<...

But did you use neobot? Did you have to buy an extra service to be able to use the mapper? Nope
That's what im refferring to, I want from the bot company to offer map services for free, since that's the usual. But since everyone starts hating on me once I bring up a fucking suggestion to help the develop of the bot I'ma fuck it down

Syntax
04-23-2012, 09:17 PM
I lowered the price cause I took out free website hosting and a few other for devs. You should read. Your thread has gotten out of hand and now it's going in circles. You wouldn't be bitching about this if lualand didn't exist. Neobot's "mapper" is nothing like lualand and xenobot doesn't owe you a "mapper". Learn how the world works and open your eyes to the other side of the argument and your threads may stay open instead of becoming a flamefest. This one however, will not .