PDA

View Full Version : skills? bad/good

gazgaz
09-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Iv been moving away from xenobot coding and moving towards a more us full profitable kind of coding.
Iv been learning php, html, css, javascript, sql and with that also learning bootstrap and jquery.
id like to get some opinions on my work to get a kind of judge of where im at. While i wont be making the next facebook anytime soon
i think my stuff is looking pretty good here are the main 3 websites iv been working on

i redid my main website for xenobot
tibiscripts.net/

i also did a website for a guy i work with but i kind of stopped working on it the man was impossible to get information out of to work on it
www.troyswoodwork.com

and the last one i built as a kind of portfolio for my websites to try to start making some money off of the work iv been doing
www.mattieswebs.com

id just like to see what people think of them Spectrus
your feedback has allways been very help full what do you think

J.Dre
10-01-2014, 01:51 AM
It's not bad. It's where one would expect a beginner to be at. With practice you will become better.

A couple tips to look more professional:

Knock down tabbing. Make your code look "pretty" when people view the source.
Learn how to spell properly and articulate what you are saying or are trying to say with proper English.
Look into alternative frameworks and learn some CSS & JAVA to tap into the depths of web development.

I've taken up some web development myself over the past year or two. I'm a newbie in comparison to most, but I still believe it is important to keep coding. That is the only way you will become a better developer. You can read and browse the web all you want, but what it comes down to is practice. Keep up the good work.

J.Dre

Spectrus
10-01-2014, 01:59 AM
It's not bad. It's where one would expect a beginner to be at. With practice you will become better.

A couple tips to look more professional:

Knock down tabbing. Make your code looks "pretty" when people view the source.
Learn how to spell properly and articulate what you are saying or are trying to say with proper English.
Look into alternative frameworks and learn some CSS & JAVA to tap into the depths of web development.

I've taken up some web development myself over the past year or two. I'm a newbie in comparison to most, but I still believe it is important to keep coding. That is the only way you will become a better developer. You can read and browse the web all you want, but what it comes down to is practice. Keep up the good work.

J.Dre

Java? :rolleyes:
gazgaz it's a good start, how long have you been at this?

gazgaz
10-01-2014, 03:21 AM

iv been at it about 2 months now give or take at the moment i am working on learning more php so that i can do more complex stuff

my language skills have all ways been bad which is funny because i love to code it is an area i struggle in greatly it takes a great deal of work for me to be able to code at all but it is something i love so i keep going

i am defiantly going to have to work on my writing skills at some point even when i was just doing xenobot i was taking a lot of shit for it maybe ill have to pullback a bit on the code and refine my typing skills

J.Dre
10-01-2014, 12:22 PM

JavaScript is what I meant.

Spectrus
10-01-2014, 11:47 PM
iv been at it about 2 months now give or take at the moment i am working on learning more php so that i can do more complex stuff

my language skills have all ways been bad which is funny because i love to code it is an area i struggle in greatly it takes a great deal of work for me to be able to code at all but it is something i love so i keep going

i am defiantly going to have to work on my writing skills at some point even when i was just doing xenobot i was taking a lot of shit for it maybe ill have to pullback a bit on the code and refine my typing skills

Nice! You should try to spice up your design a bit, seems a little too plain.

alexoneda
10-28-2014, 02:51 PM
I would tell you to practice your typography/color combination, they come in handy sometimes.

I also prefer simplistic things, but thats just my own opinion. :>

GL with dat