PDA

View Full Version : DayZ (Standalone)

J.Dre
07-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone here play DayZ (Standalone)? The latest updates made the game much more playable than before. Even though it's still considered to be in "Alpha" test-phase, it's definitely a good game to play if you're interested in survivalist games. It's not like the DayZ Mod, where you can do much more stuff. Even though game-play is somewhat limited in comparison, it's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxiCKXHcFZM&feature=kp

NEW! XenoBot DayZ Server:
*The server will be online Saturday and Sunday (June 20th - 21st).

IP: xeno.clanservers.com
Port: 2302

When you enter the game, go to the "remote tab" and then enter the above IP and port.

Note: Add me to Steam, or add "[XC]" to your in-game name. Otherwise, you may be kicked. ;)

J.Dre

Joshwa534
07-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Anyone here play DayZ (Standalone)? The latest updates made the game much more playable than before. Even though it's still considered to be in "Alpha" test-phase, it's definitely a good game to play if you're interested in survivalist games. It's not like the DayZ Mod, where you can do much more stuff. Even though game-play is somewhat limited in comparison, it's pretty good.

Leave a post here whether you play or not. Maybe you can learn something about the game. ;)

J.Dre

Syntax and I were looking at possibly trying the game out again a few nights ago but I believe we're still both undecided. Like Rust, these games that are barely even playable cause more headaches than enjoyment.. even though they are fun, especially with friends. Its the massive amounts of hackers and abusive admins that ruin it for our team (about 12 rl buddies @Rust lately). I think a few more months of solid development and both DayZ Standalone and Rust will be a lot more fun and hopefully a bit more stable. Hit me up on Skype if you ever hop on though, we might join in. :cool:

J.Dre
07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Sure, it can be fun, especially with a group to play with. I only play a couple hours here and there, but I've pretty much done everything I can aside from "mass-killing" other players, lol. It's definitely playable now. When it first came out, there were so many issues, and it wasn't even that great. There have been three major updates over the past three months or so. It's much better than before.

For some reason, after updating to the latest update, the game tries to start in like 600x480, which makes it impossible to play. You have to change launch settings under the game properties (in your steam library) to this: -window -w 1920 -h 1080. A friend of mine shared that with me and it basically solved the issue I was having with that. Now I've adjusted the settings further and it opens in full-screen mode at 1080p, as it should.

Pretty Reckless
07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I have been thinking about buying it for ages but heard so many bad things about it, along with good ones ofcourse, but the bad-factor is still weighing the most.

ppgab
07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
i don't think its possible to play online for free?

J.Dre
07-08-2014, 06:32 PM
i don't think its possible to play online for free?

No, it's not. You have to buy it. It was on sale last week for like 15% off or something.

---

Pretty Reckless: It's much better now. But if you are a huge fan of the DayZ Mod, you probably won't like DayZ (Standalone) because of its lack of features.

I honestly think the Alpha phase is almost over. They're probably going to move on to the Beta phase soon.

Pretty Reckless
07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
No, it's not. You have to buy it. It was on sale last week for like 15% off or something.

---

Pretty Reckless: It's much better now. But if you are a huge fan of the DayZ Mod, you probably won't like DayZ (Standalone) because of its lack of features.

I honestly think the Alpha phase is almost over. They're probably going to move on to the Beta phase soon.

Well, i only played the mod for a month or so and didn't get especially hooked on it, the hacker% was extreeeeeeme!

Joshwa534
07-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Sure, it can be fun, especially with a group to play with. I only play a couple hours here and there, but I've pretty much done everything I can aside from "mass-killing" other players, lol. It's definitely playable now. When it first came out, there were so many issues, and it wasn't even that great. There have been three major updates over the past three months or so. It's much better than before.

For some reason, after updating to the latest update, the game tries to start in like 600x480, which makes it impossible to play. You have to change launch settings under the game properties (in your steam library) to this: -window -w 1920 -h 1080. A friend of mine shared that with me and it basically solved the issue I was having with that. Now I've adjusted the settings further and it opens in full-screen mode at 1080p, as it should.

Interesting, we will check it out once we slow down with things here on Xenobot. :)

J.Dre
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, i only played the mod for a month or so and didn't get especially hooked on it, the hacker% was extreeeeeeme!

I think you'd like the DayZ Standalone then. There aren't any hackers yet.

Pretty Reckless
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM

Hmm, might buy it once i get cash!

J.Dre
07-09-2014, 09:21 PM
I've been considering renting a DayZ (Standalone) server in Chicago, IL to play on. I hate playing on other servers because they're packed. It will be a "month to month" payment plan. So, I can cancel it if nobody plays. Let me know if you are interested in this. If enough people are, I'd be more than happy to rent one. We could start a "DayZ Clan" here on the XenoBot forum. Any senior member is welcome to join.

Just a thought. Let's get some feedback and see how many people would be interested. ;)

Pretty Reckless
07-09-2014, 09:34 PM
I've been considering renting a DayZ (Standalone) server in Chicago, IL to play on. I hate playing on other servers because they're packed. It will be a "month to month" payment plan. So, I can cancel it if nobody plays. Let me know if you are interested in this. If enough people are, I'd be more than happy to rent one. We could start a "DayZ Clan" here on the XenoBot forum. Any senior member is welcome to join.

Just a thought. Let's get some feedback and see how many people would be interested. ;)

Any senior member? :(
But doesn't matter, cant play chicago!

J.Dre
07-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Pretty Reckless:

Where are you at? My friend in Sweden played on a Chicago server with like 90-100 ping, which he said is better than some EUR hosted DayZ servers. Not sure if your ISP is as good as his, though. He has a pretty beast one.

And yeah, I prefer senior members only. They've been around longer and are less likely to just join to intentionally screw things up.

Pretty Reckless
07-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Pretty Reckless:

Where are you at? My friend in Sweden played on a Chicago server with like 90-100 ping, which he said is better than some EUR hosted DayZ servers. Not sure if your ISP is as good as his, though. He has a pretty beast one.

And yeah, I prefer senior members only. They've been around longer and are less likely to just join to intentionally screw things up.

Sweden, but not the best ISP.
Hey, i don't wanna ruin things, i'm in it for having fun with people! :D

J.Dre
07-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Sweden, but not the best ISP.

Hey, i don't wanna ruin things, i'm in it for having fun with people! :D

Anyone can play on the server. I think you'll be fine, ping wise. My friend is in Stockholm and we played online.

When you buy the game, you can test this out by simply looking for a server in the list of servers to choose from.

Pretty Reckless
07-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Anyone can play on the server. I think you'll be fine, ping wise. My friend is in Stockholm and we played online.

When you buy the game, you can test this out by simply looking for a server in the list of servers to choose from.

Will do!

J.Dre
07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
I've decided to rent a DayZ server for everyone on XenoBot to play once at least five people have committed to playing. Details are on the main post.

Leave your Steam ID here if you would like to commit to this server.

Kaotic
07-11-2014, 01:14 PM

WRONG

J.Dre
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
One member has committed to playing. Let's get four more!

J.Dre

J.Dre
01-04-2015, 05:28 PM
DayZ now has vehicles and whatnot. I'm going to try it out to see what has improved, if anything.

Elvang
01-19-2015, 01:12 AM
DayZ now has vehicles and whatnot. I'm going to try it out to see what has improved, if anything.

You should try out H1Z1
https://www.h1z1.com/home

It's way more complete.

J.Dre
06-20-2015, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NUe4WUXyYM

The 0.57 stable patch has been implemented. If you're interested in playing or trying it out on a private server, check the main post. I've rented a server for XenoBot members.

Important! If you plan to join, put "[XC]" on your name to signify "XenoClan."

Kociii
06-20-2015, 10:40 AM
I haven't played in DayZ in such a long time :P I want to play but no alone xD

J.Dre
06-20-2015, 11:50 AM
I haven't played in DayZ in such a long time :P I want to play but no alone xD

Well, I'm in Berezhki - the furthest small town, north east corner (top right). You can see the full map here (http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus).

Kociii
06-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Well, I'm in Berezhki - the furthest small town, north east corner (top right). You can see the full map here (http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus).

Well, I don't wanna play solo in the way that you only play the game. I used to sit in skype with 2-3 friends playing it :D