PDA

View Full Version : OpenTibia Project: Hiring a Team

J.Dre
06-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Visit the project's main thread for updated information by clicking here (https://otland.net/threads/updated-project-hiring-skilled-developers.232440/).

J.Dre
07-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Reserved.

J.Dre
01-10-2015, 01:18 AM
Big bump for 2015.

raiQi, Joey: Check it out. :cool: Easy money.

Niyar
01-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Talk to me on Skype for what kind of locations you want me to cast. Got a 455 ED wich should do the work ;).

J.Dre
01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Will do, after I compile a list of areas I need. Didn't expect so many responses this fast, lol.

jikoe
01-10-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm hiring some people for work needed to finish an OpenTibia project I've been slaving over for the past couple of years.

Project in need of skilled individuals! (http://otland.net/threads/project-in-need-of-skilled-individuals.226427/)

Visit the above link if you're interested. Do not post here.

J.Dre

I've also been around at otland and old otfans ( most used forum before otland became popular) for a long time. Had many otservers myself, but never a rl map serv yet since it required a dedicated server ( nowadays every serv requires a dedicated server because of all those kids ddosing now)

I just wonder, there are MANY usefull otservers around already which can be downloaded. Why dont you use the tracked map parts from those rl maps? Im sure whole tibia can be found at otland.

I wish you the best luck with your otserver, let me know when it starts and ill definitely try it out :)

J.Dre
01-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Why dont you use the tracked map parts from those rl maps? Im sure whole tibia can be found at otland.

I wish you the best luck with your otserver, let me know when it starts and ill definitely try it out :)

I'm not using the released maps mainly because RME is no longer being updated by Remere and there are a lot of bugs.

Most of the "real maps" on OtLand have many issues with compatibility because there are different OTB / SPR / DAT files between versions of RME from people trying to update it themselves. So, if I try to combine maps, it will result in missing items and areas, or many bugs. I want to track all of the updates after 8.60. Perhaps a team of people can do that. :)

jikoe
01-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Well, I'm not using the released maps mainly because RME is no longer being updated by Remere and there are a lot of bugs.

Most of the "real maps" on OtLand have many issues with compatibility because there are different OTB / SPR / DAT files between versions of RME from people trying to update it themselves. So, if I try to combine maps, it will result in missing items and areas, or many bugs.

I want to track all of the updates after 8.60. Perhaps a team of people can do that. :)

So which map editor is the most common nowadays? still rme? but updated by other people or?

J.Dre
01-11-2015, 01:24 AM
One guy has been updating it lately, but it has a lot of issues.

J.Dre
06-24-2015, 12:29 PM
Now searching for map trackers!

Big bump.

Jake
06-24-2015, 05:47 PM
I know you're not looking for one, but I am interested in helping community wise. You considering CM's? I can help on website/forums and in-game and be a primary English communicator. I miss being a part of OTs.

J.Dre
06-24-2015, 07:58 PM
I know you're not looking for one, but I am interested in helping community wise. You considering CM's? I can help on website/forums and in-game and be a primary English communicator. I miss being a part of OTs.

It depends on how large the community becomes. I've designed a fairly innovative automated tutor system, so in-game support is taken care of. But if the community is very large (like 1000+ players), then I'll definitely be hiring some Community Managers to oversee everything and help with day-to-day operations. May even consider them partners. All depends on how successful the project is.

Gamemasters and Community Managers will not be allowed to have in-game characters. This leads to power abuse. You can become a Tutor if you'd like to play and help.

Right now, I'm still in development. Hiring staff is last on my list. ;)

Nappy
06-24-2015, 11:34 PM
This may make me sound like a noob, but how exactly does tracking work/help? Do you look at it bit by bit and re-create the map??

Also, I'm interested in helping, I got a lot of time on my hands (summer break) but I only got a level 190 char, and dont have tibiacast premium..

J.Dre
06-24-2015, 11:37 PM
This may make me sound like a noob, but how exactly does tracking work/help? Do you look at it bit by bit and re-create the map??

Basically, it's copying the map. Tibiacast captures the map with recordings, then we use a program (e.g. map tracker) to convert it to OTBM (map file). It helps me because it gives me the latest areas and allows me to have the content in-game. :) It's actually a very important part of creating a "real map" project.

jo3bingham knows the details. He updates the map tracker and releases it on OtLand.net.

Jake
06-25-2015, 12:50 AM
It depends on how large the community becomes. I've designed a fairly innovative automated tutor system, so in-game support is taken care of. But if the community is very large (like 1000+ players), then I'll definitely be hiring some Community Managers to oversee everything and help with day-to-day operations. May even consider them partners. All depends on how successful the project is.

Gamemasters and Community Managers will not be allowed to have in-game characters. This leads to power abuse. You can become a Tutor if you'd like to play and help.

Right now, I'm still in development. Hiring staff is last on my list. ;)

It's possible to have CMs in-game without giving them admin access on the account. All you need to do is give them the title lol. Anyway I am down to participate in any way I can. Let me know.

J.Dre
09-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Bump!

Kociii
09-20-2015, 09:52 PM
You need an 380+ RP? xD

J.Dre
09-21-2015, 09:58 PM
You need an 380+ RP? xD

Not really. I'm sure it would be helpful, but I don't have the time to track the map. Was hoping someone could help me out.

Kociii
09-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Not really. I'm sure it would be helpful, but I don't have the time to track the map. Was hoping someone could help me out.

I meant, I could help with the tracking of map xD

J.Dre
09-24-2015, 05:19 PM
I meant, I could help with the tracking of map xD

I'll add your Skype. Will message you later. :)

Jwlz
09-29-2015, 10:54 AM
I'll add your Skype. Will message you later. :)

Hi mate,

If you need any assistance. I have experience developing websites and programs.

I have knowledge of the following (not limited to):

HTML5
Bootstrap
C#
SQL
MVC (Razer)
ASP.NET
Some jQuery / Javascript
and more!

Let me know if you want to discuss how I could help.
Regards,
Jwlz.

J.Dre
09-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Hi mate,

If you need any assistance. I have experience developing websites and programs.

I have knowledge of the following (not limited to):

HTML5
Bootstrap
C#
SQL
MVC (Razer)
ASP.NET
Some jQuery / Javascript
and more!

Let me know if you want to discuss how I could help.
Regards,
Jwlz.

Hi ;)

I actually have the website covered for now, but thanks for the offer.

J.Dre
10-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Still searching for quest tracking help! Click here (https://otland.net/threads/not-for-profit-project-recruiting-skilled-developers.232440/page-6#post-2289068) for more information.

J.Dre
10-09-2015, 10:53 PM
jo3bingham,

If you're interested in making a tracking program, I'd still be interested in hiring you for it.

Bump!