PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4S

xXiSlaughterXx
02-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Simple question, how GREAT is the Iphone 4S? I have an upgrade in about 2 weeks and I'm thinking about getting it, I currently have a Droid and it does nothing but piss me off, will I regret it?

jo3bingham
02-13-2012, 04:41 AM
I love my iPhone 4S, but based on Apple's track record there's a good change the next iPhone will come out in June/July. So, if you're set on getting an iPhone you could always get an older iPhone or Android device on eBay, or something, that way you can save your upgrade for when the next iPhone is released. It's all up to you. I personally don't like Android devices (actually, I don't like the Android OS, not the phones), but I hear the Galaxy Nexus S, or whatever it's called, is a nice Android phone if you'd prefer it.

xXiSlaughterXx
02-13-2012, 04:43 AM
yeah man I heard that Iphone 5 could come out this summer already, so idk what I'm gonna do, and I've already tried the ebay route and it kicked me in the ass. But hey thanks for your opinion.

HolmaN
02-13-2012, 06:48 AM
All iphones are great. There's only one phone that can compete with the iphone and that's the galaxy s2. But i'd still go for the iphone. :)

Elvang
02-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Your wrong, windows phone is a great competitor, no one really knows about it though.

Naro
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Your wrong, windows phone is a great competitor, no one really knows about it though.

This. Windows phones are really nice. I love the Titan and the big screen it has.

I love my iPhone 4S, but based on Apple's track record there's a good change the next iPhone will come out in June/July. So, if you're set on getting an iPhone you could always get an older iPhone or Android device on eBay, or something, that way you can save your upgrade for when the next iPhone is released. It's all up to you. I personally don't like Android devices (actually, I don't like the Android OS, not the phones), but I hear the Galaxy Nexus S, or whatever it's called, is a nice Android phone if you'd prefer it.

There will be an iPhone 5 this summer for sure, and it will have a new design for sure. Steve Jobs worked on the phone himself and by himself before he passed away. I would wait until the summer if you can.

DarkstaR
02-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm sorry but any 4G Android shits on any iPhone model. Open platform, bitches. With that said, expect an Android XenoBot controller in the semi-near future.

Xeno Scripts
02-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Joke of The Day.

jo3bingham
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I prefer Windows phones to Android. I couldn't care less about Android being an open platform.

SamDaMan
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqk_eKwVLY

Xeno Scripts
02-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Why don't jailbreak your iPhone? Android is the worst platform i've seen. I would only use it if I got paid by doing so.

xXiSlaughterXx
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
yeah ill probably get the iphone.. lol

DarkstaR
02-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Not sure how you justify that opinion of Android by any means other than ignorance. It's a Linux based system and runs much smoother than any competition other than iPhone, though still on par. It is open source and development is free, without the need for a 200$ SDK or a special computer (eg MacBook). It supports a variety of hardware and not just a single piece of monopolized scrap which won't let you expand your memory or even change your battery. It caters to the technologically impaired as well as nerds such as myself, and it does all this on phones that are, for the most part, cheaper and just as powerful as the competition. Oh, did I mention that HTC even includes an unlocker on their website for all of their phones?

Flappy Joe
02-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Not sure how you justify that opinion of Android by any means other than ignorance. It's a Linux based system and runs much smoother than any competition other than iPhone, though still on par. It is open source and development is free, without the need for a 200$ SDK or a special computer (eg MacBook). It supports a variety of hardware and not just a single piece of monopolized scrap which won't let you expand your memory or even change your battery. It caters to the technologically impaired as well as nerds such as myself, and it does all this on phones that are, for the most part, cheaper and just as powerful as the competition. Oh, did I mention that HTC even includes an unlocker on their website for all of their phones?

I don't really need to put anything here, but I had to so I could post the comment.

NEVER BUY IPHONE

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzdoyk7Kw51r1tctyo1_500.jpg

kliker321
02-14-2012, 06:04 PM
DarkStar I don't know if you heard of it, but Maemo is it the next big thing concerning open platforms. It's the operating system of Nokia N900, if i was buying a phone i would get that one.